Lemon Iced Tea Granita
Happy Summer lovers! Make some of our delicious lemon iced tea granita with us. The amazing combination of lemon juice, lemon zest and our I Am Brains herbal tea infusion is sure to make your summer days a breeze. Prepare your lemon iced tea granita the day before your pool party and your guests may never want to leave!
Rest assured this fun recipe is organic with no added sugar or nasties.
What you need:
- a bag of lemons
- 1 cup of I Am Brains infused herbal tea
- a small ramekin (or bowl)
a big bowl
Did you know, including lemons in your diet can help boost your immune system! Keep those nasty illnesses away, so you can spend more time doing the things you love.
- Zest a few lemons into a little ramekin until it is filled with lemon zest.
- Slice the top off the number of lemons you will be serving for yourself or to your guests. Slice a little off the bottom of the lemons aswell – this will allow them to stand alone (as shown in the pictures).
Put the lemon end slices aside for later.
- Scoop the lemon flesh out of the shells with a large spoon and add lemon juice to a bowl.
- Juice the remaining bag of lemons into the same bowl.
- Infuse one cup of I Am Brains herbal tea and allow to cool.
- Combine the tea, lemon zest and lemon juice into a blender and blend your concoction.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place into the freezer for a few hours until it becomes icy.
- Take out of freezer and scrape mixure into small icy granules and add to the empty lemon cups you prepared earlier.
- Pop your end slices on top as little hats for the iced tea lemons.
- Viola! You have lemon iced tea granita! Serve immediately or put back into freezer for that awesome pool party.
And viola, some delicious and cute lemon iced tea granita cups to keep you cool and refreshed this summer!
Infusions featured in this recipe